Social Media Marketing Today
How to do effective social media marketing:
Starting social media marketing for your business is not super easy. You don’t just pick whatever platform you will use without analyzing and studying about your product and company with your target market.
Here is a general guide on how to start marketing on social media Hopefully, this step-by-step guide will be helpful for social media marketing beginners.
1. Start by knowing your objectives and social presence
Before you can begin to leverage social media, it is important to ask yourself why you are doing it and what are you trying to accomplish. Whether it is to increase your visibility of your brand to the public or to generate more sales, marketers need to carry out marketing planning.
2. Research your target audience
Learn more about your audience demographics as much as possible. It ranges from age, gender, religion, background, class, sexual orientation, occupation, membership, and other categories. Using social media analytics can also provide data and valuable information about your followers, and how they interact with your brand. Other tools available both paid and free like Facebook analytics, Instagram insights, and Snapchat insights.
3. Know which platform is right for your brand
This is self-explanatory, but often businesses will need to reach out to customers, potential buyers, and the general public through a variety of social media platforms.
4. Research your competitors
- Conduct keyword research on what keywords and phrases competitors are using.
- Know which social media platforms they’re on
- Understand how well their social strategy is working
- Benchmark your social results against the competition
- Identify social threats to your business
- Another pro tip: read reviews from audiences regarding your competitors’ product and service and see what their customers like or what are their complains. Social listening is an effective tool to track your competition among other businesses.
5. Identify key success metrics
How will you determine if your marketing efforts are effective? It is not just about how many followers or engagements, but how much money you generate. It is business after all. There are a few social media metrics you should consider in social media marketing:
- Conversion rate
- Time spent on website
- Brand mentions
- Total shares
6. Create engaging content
Content is king, no doubt. When you studied your brand, know your audience, and research about your competitor, the next step is to identify what kind of content is right for your business. There are different kinds of content to choose from, videos, blog post, images, infographics, interviews and many more, so make sure to choose what contents will align with your mission and goals. It is also recommended to create a content calendar that outlines when and how often you will be doing social media posts.
7. Track, Analyze, Optimize
As you explore various social media sites, devote some time to track your social performance. Search for the people’s feedback about your business. Analyze the data given about your brand. If it’s positive then show gratitude to the audience, if it’s negative, then make some tweaks about your strategy and evaluate it. In that way, you can measure your results and adjust some changes for improvement.
Social Media Marketing Trends
As social media platforms introduce features and change their algorithms, social media trends are also evolving. These rapid changes challenge marketers to cope up with the trends and change the way they deliver their contents.
Here are some social media marketing trends that are still popular in year 2021:
- Livestreams and videos will still be popular
- Purpose-driven missions and campaigns from brands
- Brands will take more organized approach on Stories (i.e., Instagram)
- Virtual and Augmented reality
- Social commerce or E-commerce
- User-generated content to enhance customer service
- Speaking out on social issues
- Conversational marketing
Importance of Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing is a widely marketing strategy used nowadays, especially with how people consume internet and social media. Since the world is evolving and becoming more advance, it is also important to keep up with the trends and what’s popular if you want your business to increase their reach and visibility.
A great social media strategy is never easy to build. It is a constant work and changes is necessary so it is important to continuously learn day by day and optimize as much as you can to grow your business and conquer social media world.
If you would like more information on the Social Media Marketing services we offer or discuss how we can grow your brand or business, schedule an appointment here or call us at 214-699-9331.